Wrong compass rotation in landscape app

04-08-2014 08:26 AM
RudolfKopriva1
New Contributor
The map rotation is wrong when compass is activated and activity is in landscape mode. I remember I had to set the orientation manually on iOS in order to make the compass working correctly when device is rotated. How can I do it on Android? Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
We have a MapRotation sample for your reference provided by the SDK.  Please have a look and let us know if this sample answers your question.
0 Kudos
RudolfKopriva1
New Contributor
We have a MapRotation sample for your reference provided by the SDK.  Please have a look and let us know if this sample answers your question.

Thank you. The map rotation sample is not using the auto pan feature in the latest SDK. I used that sample to demostrate the auto pan mode issue, see the attachment. When I'm heading south and device is portrait the compass icon is pointing to south (correct map rotation). When I change the device orientation to landscape, the compass icon rotates correctly, but it's pointing to east instead of south (invalid map rotation). It looks like the icon respects device orientation, but the map rotation doesn't. Thank you.
0 Kudos