Possible to force layer to re-download all data on sync?

05-27-2021 09:46 AM
ForrestKaye
New Contributor III

I am needing to force a re-download/refresh of all the data from a certain layer in an offline geodatabase.  I thought there would be some sort of sync-parameter to flag this but I can't find one. 

Some background:

The idea is a user has already downloaded an offline version of the webmap through a GenerateOfflineMapJob.  This map contains a layer that is non-editable.  Due to the way this data is managed thought our on premise servers the user can have false/phantom data lingering in their offline database via a normal sync.  So before a sync I would like be able to flag an invalidation of the data for that layer and re-download all of it instead of just grabbing the geodatabase Delta.

I am using the 100.11 version of the android SDK. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

1 Reply
RamaChintapalli
Esri Contributor

Hi,

"I am needing to force a re-download/refresh of all the data from a certain layer in an offline geodatabase"

This is not currently possible through the OfflineMapTask/GenerateOfflineMapJob. The other option I could think of is if each layer is controlled by GeodatabaseSyncTask/generataGeodatabase, then developer can have the option to re-create the replicas for the individual layers of choice and discard the old replica's. And  there will be some upfront network cost of managing/downloading individual layers, but can still work.

Thanks

Rama

0 Kudos