Javadoc for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android Version 10.1.1

02-26-2013 12:46 PM
ViridianaGO
New Contributor III
Hello, thanks for read me. I upgrade my ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android to Version 10.1.1; everythinks works fine and I don´t have any problem with my project, but now I can´t see the Javadoc; when I put the cursor over the text this message appears:
"Note: This element has no attached source and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached Javadoc."

I intented to change the Javadoc location in Java Build Path, but when I selected the item it can not be edited. I attach the image. How can I see the documentation again?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ViridianaGO
New Contributor III
Thank you for your answer, I'll be waiting for this fix 😄
0 Kudos
MartinRick
Occasional Contributor II
Have the same problem...

@esri: Why is it not possible to modify the source for the Javadoc? I double checked the path to the doc.zip which exists at C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse\plugins\com.esri.arcgis.android.doc_10.1.1.201301161115\doc.zip

System: Windows 7 x64 SP1 (German)
0 Kudos
MartinRick
Found a bug documentation for this topic:

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/TklNMDg5MDQz

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Martin
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
We released the fix in the ArcGIS Android SDK v10.1.1 Update 1.  You can download it here
0 Kudos
MartinRick
So I did. But unfortunately the Java Doc still does not appear in Eclipse. Anything to keep in mind when updating the sdk? I tried to uninstall the sdk completely and reinstall it, but still no effect.

Any suggestions?

\Martin
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
First, check the version Help > Install New Software ... Then click on "already installed" link in lower right hand corner. Version should be 10.1.1.201306271100.

If version is correct, then ensure that your projects are updated to use the 10.1.1-u1 jars. Right click project and select ArcGIS Tools > Fix Project Properties. Now check if the Javadoc hover is working on your project.

If you still have an issue, confirm your project has the updated Jar:

• Right click project and select Properties

• Select Java Build Path > Libraries tab

• Expand the ArcGIS for Android 10.1.1 classpath container entry

• Check the Javadoc location entry and confirm that it ends with doc.zip - api/reference - non modifiable

If for any reason you still don't have the latest Jar, try removing the ArcGIS for Android 10.1.1 classpath container and re-add it:

• Right click project and select Properties

• Select Java Build Path > Libraries tab

• Select the ArcGIS for Android 10.1.1 classpath container entry and click Remove button.

• Click the Add Library button, select ArcGIS for Android Library Container and click Next.

• Click Finish to update your build path.

• Check if Javadoc hover is working and/or re-check the Javadoc location entry and confirm that it ends with doc.zip - api/reference - non modifiable

0 Kudos
NoboruNAKURA1
New Contributor II
We have the same problem.

After update to v10.1.1 Update 1, the Javadoc of Class works fine. But in the case of Constructor or Method, I can't see the Javadoc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25998[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25999[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MartinRick
I have the same problem. The JavaDoc works for the class documentations, but if I hover a method Eclipse tells me that there is no JavaDoc available.

Please check this and send us some feedback if this is a misbehaviour of the runtime sdk or if we have made some wrong configurations.

Thanks for your reply.

Martin
0 Kudos
JasonNewmoyer
New Contributor II
Same here. Only hovering over classes brings up the Javadoc. Methods are blank.
0 Kudos