java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec

12-21-2011 08:48 AM
SwatiGadey
New Contributor
When I use Emulator 2.2 or 2.3, my ArcGIS Android application breaks with the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1077)
android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.swap(GLSurfaceView.java:1035)
android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1333)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1116)

When I run the same application on my phone, it works. How do I resolve this problem?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NicoleSchmidt
New Contributor III
We are having the same issue?  Is it true this SDK does not support emulator use?  That makes development very difficult!  You lose all of the debugging and troubleshooting tools that are essential to developing a new app.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?
0 Kudos
HenryZhu
New Contributor
I got the same issue when I run the ArcGIS for Android Sample from the SDK 1.0.1 on Android 2.2 emulator. I am not sure whether it's a bug for 1.0.1. Does anyone successfully run the sample application?
0 Kudos
fengyunshen
New Contributor
In the help document,
What's new in version 1.0.1 chapter
Changes since the Beta release
�?�No support for the emulator �?? this is an Android SDK limitation due to the technology we are using to create the map control.
0 Kudos
JuanRufino
New Contributor
We are having the same issue?  Is it true this SDK does not support emulator use?  That makes development very difficult!  You lose all of the debugging and troubleshooting tools that are essential to developing a new app.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

I agree, emulator support debugging functions..i dont think its ideal to run the application just yet with your device without testing it on AVD..I hope that esri would resolve this issue for us developers..and I dont have an android device yet..still got to borrow my boss's tablet.. 😉
0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta
New Contributor II
Hi,

You should be able to debug your applications on your device in same way as the emulator.

Regards.
0 Kudos