esri forum issue

10-14-2015 08:34 PM
BryceBurr
New Contributor

So what I have noticed about this forum is the disturbing number of questions that go unanswered. With all due respect to Esri and the talented staff etc the android forum is basically a wasteland.

Does Esri not want people using their SDK?

Anyone else see this is a problem when using Esri's tools?

cheers

B

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

this is a user forum.  esri staff may occasionally visit it, and participate in it, but it is not their main avenue of receiving feedback on their applications.  contact through tech support with your questions is the primary avenue

BryceBurr
New Contributor

ohh look a response

however I note that this is not the first time this issue has arisen here

How many posts have 0 replies

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I wonder if there were similar posts in the intervening 5 years, or is this just a recurrence? ​

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bryce,

Our apologies for not being as diligent as we could be in moderating this forum. Yes, we do want to know how our customers are getting on with our products, and we want to be of assistance as much as we can be. Thank you for bringing this up!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Eric...

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android  about 1000 posts since inception.... mostly unanswered, I don't know if this represents interest or people just aren't providing solutions  Timothy Hales​ may have more information

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I show about 200 discussions marked at questions with 140 having a reply. Of those only 30 have a reply marked as correct. Most of the others that Dan mentioned are part of the migration.

Various product areas within GeoNet have different response rates between staff and other customers. I am working to improve the overall response rate of both staff and customers. Part of that includes building a better user experience. We are also looking to redefine the space architecture.

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other concerns. Thanks!