Clustering on Andoird

10-10-2014 04:29 PM
GauravBajaj
New Contributor

Hi Mates,

I know this question has been asked earlier as well but no body seemed to have replied on that.

Is there any Marker Clustering support in Android Arcgis SDK ?

Is there any third party solutions available to make the clustering possible on the map?

Thanks

Gaurav

0 Kudos
13 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Great question.

No, there isn't support for symbol clustering in the Android API at this time. If you'd like to share your specific use case and need, and even what you'd expect to see with respect to an API design and programming model for clustering, please feel free!

0 Kudos
AsifIsmail
New Contributor III

Does esri support clustering now.please reply

0 Kudos
EricBader

Not quite yet. Working on getting it in by December 2018. 

AsifIsmail
New Contributor III

so bad,

0 Kudos
WhymprTeam
New Contributor

Hi Eric - just wondering if that plan is still on track, since 100.4 came out last month.  Thanks for any updates!

0 Kudos
EricBader

Cluster rendering of feature layers is still something we are hoping to get into a future release. It won't be there for Update 5 (March/April 2019), but its on our radar.

0 Kudos
AsifIsmail
New Contributor III

It will be always on ur radar?

0 Kudos
lqdeffx
New Contributor II

I am responding here to only make it apparent there is a need; however small, to utilize a feature such as clustering.  I know this feature exists on the JavaScript side, albeit not native, but providing a simple feature would definitely add value.

My use case involves providing a service that allows users to quickly identify specific locations.  If the person has zoomed out to a certain level then the icons overlay each other and turns my map into a chaotic mess.  This is not an option for me.

As an alternative, I've created my own symbol clustering by creating an invisible grid, on a separate GraphicsLayer, then when it's time to place the symbols on the map I would iterate through my grid to retrieve my points.  The number of rows and columns is dependent on the resolution value as there is no API to retrieve the zoom level.  Essentially, the lower the resolution the more grid boxes in my grid.  You also have to account for your grid points as some might be where they don't make sense.

EricBader

Excellent description. Thanks for sharing.

This is being considered for a future release.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos