Can not Install ArcGIS Runtime SDK For Android on my Eclipse Juno (4.2) (help)

Jump to solution
11-04-2012 12:50 AM
JoeHue
by
New Contributor II
I can not install ArcGIS Runtime SDK For Android on my Eclipse Juno (v4.2)
My PC Specs:
Windows 7
2 GB DDR3 RAM
and I've already install Android ADT on my Eclipse.

I've download ArcGIS Runtime SDK For Android v2.0 archieve, but when installation there's an error and when I extract the archieve, it said some file being corrupt. it happen again when I tried install the previous version (v1.0). Please anyone, help me to solve this.
(sorry for my bad English)

JH
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SumitSharma
New Contributor III
Hi,

Please try the following steps:

1. Start Eclipse, then select Help > Install New Software....
2. Click Add, in the top-right corner.
3. In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter "ArcGIS 4 Android Plugin" for the Name then click the "Archive" button (not local) and navigate to the .zip file that was downloaded.

Cheers!!

Sumit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
You do not need to expand the downloaded archive, although you can and it still should work if you point to the correct local directory. In the Eclipse Available Software Sites dialog select the Add button and then choose the Archive button to point to the download zip archive location on disk.  The location should be in the form of something similar to this on Windows -> jar:file:/C:/[path/to/download]/ArcGISAndroidSDK_v2.zip!/ where [path/to/download] is the location on disk where you downloaded the SDK zip file.
0 Kudos
JoeHue
by
New Contributor II
You do not need to expand the downloaded archive, although you can and it still should work if you point to the correct local directory. In the Eclipse Available Software Sites dialog select the Add button and then choose the Archive button to point to the download zip archive location on disk.  The location should be in the form of something similar to this on Windows -> jar:file:/C:/[path/to/download]/ArcGISAndroidSDK_v2.zip!/ where [path/to/download] is the location on disk where you downloaded the SDK zip file.

I've follow your instructions but It didn't help. I've read System Requirements but I don't understand this one "The ArcGIS API for Android Eclipse plug-ins are supported on Eclipse 3.6.2 (Helios) and higher packages.". where I can get ArcGIS API? Is this why I can not install ArcGIS Runtime SDK For Android?
0 Kudos
JoeHue
by
New Contributor II
I've recognized the problem. the file being corrupted because it was downloaded by Download Manager that have parallel connections. so I change the parallel connections to a single connection. results is Zip file isn't corrupt again. and perhaps it can be used in my Eclipse.
0 Kudos
SumitSharma
New Contributor III
Hi,

Please try the following steps:

1. Start Eclipse, then select Help > Install New Software....
2. Click Add, in the top-right corner.
3. In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter "ArcGIS 4 Android Plugin" for the Name then click the "Archive" button (not local) and navigate to the .zip file that was downloaded.

Cheers!!

Sumit
0 Kudos
markinder
New Contributor
I am experiencing the same problem 😞

System is win 7,  4g ram
Eclipse is
Android Developer Tools

Build: v22.6.2-1085508

And runs up fine!

Download the sdk: arcgis-android-sdk-v10.2.3.zip
and tested the archive which is fine - unzips ok.

help>install new software>
Uncheck the option:
"Contact all updates sites during install to find required software (as per bug notice in another article) (actually tried it with and without this option"

>Add
enter in:
"ArcGIS Android Local updatesite"
and in archive
"arcgis-android-sdk-v10.2.3.zip"

Which becomes:
"jar:file:/C:/Users/marki/Downloads/arcgis-android-sdk-v10.2.3.zip!/"

Click on Ok and get:
Could not find jar:file:/C:/Users/marki/Downloads/arcgis-android-sdk-v10.2.3.zip!/

This stops me here

Have also tried unzipping archive and attempting to load just the local option but this also fails.

Help!!!

Thanks,
0 Kudos