ArcGIS for Android: Getting route from route service in street level

05-19-2016 06:13 AM
JasonChristian
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently developing an application using ArcGIS runtime SDK for Android. I used the ArcGIS' routing service from this URL:

http://route.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/Route/NAServer/Route_World

and so far, I've managed to retrieve and draw a route between 2 or more stops.

The problem is, each time I resolve a route search, it appears to always include highways and big streets in the route. Each stops in the app can be reachable by foot (app design constraint), and thus, I would like to resolve a route that prefers small streets and avoid highways whenever possible.

What I've done:

1. Getting the list of CostAttributes from routeTask.getNetworkDescription().getCostAttributes(); and set the impedance to 'walkTime', 'distance', etc. by calling RouteParameters.setImpedanceAttributeName(); Not working, still getting the same route
  2. Followed the example from:Finding a Route—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers
  3. Followed another example: Routing | ArcGIS for Developers
  4. Set setFindBestSequence(true). I noticed later that it uses Travelling Salesman Problem and is not what I'm looking for.

Is there other options in route parameters, which I am unaware of, which can be used to set the travel mode? or other things that may solve my problem

Thanks before

0 Kudos
0 Replies