Add to android arcgis app buttons to click to start new activities

Jump to solution
12-11-2015 07:08 PM
stevekenneth
New Contributor II

Morning,

I'm using arcgis android sdk sample (PopupUIcustomization) and programming with android studio.

I would add to the main view (Mapwindow), two button that will allow another activities starting (a portefolio and a feedback repport form).

I have found this link ( Starting new activity on a button click )most usefull but was unable to implement it.

Here are the errors i got:

Error:(27, 30) error: package android.support.v7.app does not exist

cannot find symbol class Activity (of the added activities)

cannot find symbol class Bundle (of the added activities)

method does not override or implement a method from a supertype (of the added activities)

Error:(9, 9) error: cannot find symbol variable super  (of the added activities)

Error:(10, 9) error: cannot find symbol method setContentView(int) (of the added activities)

Here is my main PopupUICustommizationActivity.java and all other files i have create or modifie to implement the tutoriel.

Hope you could provide me some help. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Based upon your first error:

"Error:(27, 30) error: package android.support.v7.app does not exist"

You will probably need to configure your Gradle file to find support library 7.  Information on how to do this can be found here:

Support Library Setup | Android Developers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Based upon your first error:

"Error:(27, 30) error: package android.support.v7.app does not exist"

You will probably need to configure your Gradle file to find support library 7.  Information on how to do this can be found here:

Support Library Setup | Android Developers

stevekenneth
New Contributor II

@Alexander, have alredy fix this error. thanks

0 Kudos
stevekenneth
New Contributor II

Hi, Merry Christmas.

Isn't anybody who have done something like that (i mean create button upon map layout to start new activity) to provide me some help?

Still hoping help from you. Thanks before

0 Kudos