About updating compact cache bundle files

01-28-2014 12:42 PM
InterPro
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am a little confused about updating the bundle files. If I cache different extents under the same folder, will the tiles in bundle files updated and combine with the old bundle files? Does anyone has experience about it?

Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do with respect to the Android SDK but in general when you update tiles in a compact cache, the entire bundle is not re-created.  This post provides more detail.
0 Kudos
InterPro
New Contributor II
Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do with respect to the Android SDK but in general when you update tiles in a compact cache, the entire bundle is not re-created.  This post provides more detail.

Thanks for help. I understand that the bundle files are not re-created. But I did some demos that the results are not expected.

For example, I created an extent in vegas, cached it to level 5, stored the cache in a folder and use arcgislocaltilelayer to add layer. This is fine to show the cached map to level 5.

And then I created another extent in LA, one demo is caching it to level 8, stored into the same folder and after adding the layer, if the bundle files are not re-created but updated, the map should show vegas to level 5 and LA to level 8, right? But the map still shows only vegas to level 5, nothing shows in LA.

So I created another demo, which is only caching level 6,7,8 for LA, the folders are generated, but the map still shows only vegas, nothing is LA.

What do you think? Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos