Switching TIF MMPK crash

08-12-2021 06:14 PM
lyapwork12
New Contributor

We have a few map packages MMPK loaded into our android app, and user can switch between the maps.

When switching between the map packages, it seems that a particular MMPK, created from a TIF file, would sometime crash.

Following is the crash log from logcat

E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: Rendering thread
Process: myapp.debug, PID: 17245
com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Invalid argument.: get_coordinate_system_type() == Spatial_reference::local || !is_pannable
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreGeoView.nativePulse(Native Method)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreGeoView.n(SourceFile:619)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.i.b.g.h(SourceFile:1108)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.mapping.view.GeoView$RenderingThread.doFrame(SourceFile:1549)
at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:997)
at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:797)
at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:728)
at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:984)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.mapping.view.GeoView$RenderingThread.run(SourceFile:1293)
I/Process: Sending signal. PID: 17245 SIG: 9

Appreciate any advice thanks!

Android ArcGIS Runtime: 100.10.0, we are using Java

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChanganShi1
New Contributor III

Hi, Could you attach the test data for us to repo the crash? From the call stack, it throws the runtime invalid argument exception, which is expected for data not having proper spatial reference.

0 Kudos
lyapwork12
New Contributor

Hi, we can't attach the exact MMPK- as the map data itself is considered sensitive and proprietary. But please let me know if there are other info that we could extract and share? 

My team reported that another MMPK may also sometimes crash with the same issue. Both MMPK that we had issues with are processed from GeoTIFF files.

0 Kudos
ChanganShi1
New Contributor III

Hi, most likely it is data related issue. Two things you need to ensure when you switch map

1. Map is loaded, that is, map.loadStatus == LOADED 

2. Examine the Map's spatial reference by printing out the WKID and WK Text

Also, you can import the MMPK into the ArcGIS pro to examine further.  The invalid argument is an expected runtime error.

Thanks

0 Kudos