Problems with updating to version 1.1

Jump to solution
04-10-2012 12:54 AM
_lkerArg_n
New Contributor
I followed the instructions in "Upgrade ArcGIS Projects to SDK 1.1". When I run my project I get the following runtime exceptions. Whatever I did, I could not fix the problem.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{xx.xx.xx/xx.xx.xx.pages.MapPage}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class com.esri.android.map.MapView

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class com.esri.android.map.MapView

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.esri.android.map.MapView in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/data/app/xx.xx.xxx.apk]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
We have addressed this issue with the plugin.  Please download v1.1.1 released today to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
InessaShammas
New Contributor
I followed the instructions in "Upgrade ArcGIS Projects to SDK 1.1". When I run my project I get the following runtime exceptions. Whatever I did, I could not fix the problem.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{xx.xx.xx/xx.xx.xx.pages.MapPage}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class com.esri.android.map.MapView

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class com.esri.android.map.MapView

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.esri.android.map.MapView in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/data/app/xx.xx.xxx.apk]

Try to go to project properties - java build path - libraries,
Remove arcgis libraries,
Press button "add library" and chose "arcgis for android library container".
0 Kudos
luozhengdong
New Contributor
I have the same problem�?and I can't fix it�??
0 Kudos
_lkerArg_n
New Contributor
Try to go to project properties - java build path - libraries,
Remove arcgis libraries,
Press button "add library" and chose "arcgis for android library container".

I said "I followed the instructions in 'Upgrade ArcGIS Projects to SDK 1.1'". Since I cannot fix the problem, I created a new ArcGIS project, it worked but after a while ( i think, when I restarted Eclipse), it started to gave the same exception.
0 Kudos
_lkerArg_n
New Contributor
I think its a bug related to Eclipse (by the way I am using version 3.7.2). Eclipse moves the required libraries into Persisted container. This causes the problem and when you close the project and open it again, the problem is becomes temporarily solved.
0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta
New Contributor II
While upgrading your application to 1.1 please make sure to perform this step :

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/android/help/#/Upgrade_ArcGIS_Projects_to_SDK_1_1/0...

In Eclipse create a new project.
Copy the contents of the new projects libs folder to your existing projects libs folder.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
GregorySayre
New Contributor II
I'm running into a similiar issue.

Everything works great for awhile but suddenly the application will start exploding when I try to display he Esri Map.  The actual explosion happens even though the code is in a Try/Exception block at "S102100 = SpatialReference.create(102100); //Web Mercator"

When I look at the Java Build Path under Project Properties and click on the libraries tab, the usual healthy "ArcGIS for Android 1.1" is replaced with "Persisted Container [com.esri.arcgis.android.LIBRARIES for Project [MyProjectName]"

Cleaning the project or closing and reoponening the project don't help any.   Removing the library and re-adding still results in the weird "Persisted Container" behavior.

My current work around is to open a new ArcGIS Project and then copy all the code into the new project.   This works for a few hours to a few days before the problem repeats.

Using:
ArcGIS for Android 1.1
Eclipse Version 3.71
0 Kudos
GregorySayre
New Contributor II
Ah, I misread the "Temporary Fix" that mggl explained above.

Ok, if you're getting the "Persistent Contatiner" issue, Don't close Eclipse!  Do this instead:

1.) Right Click on your project in the Package Explorer
2.) Select "Close Project" from the pop up menu (It's an option aobut half way down)
3.) I guess the graphic is supposed to be a closed folder
4.) Right Click on your project again in Package Explorer
5.) Select "Open Project"
6.) Wow! all the  "persistent containers" are gone!   (for now!)

I feel very silly for not getting this the first time, so I hope it helps somebody else.
0 Kudos
YeHu
by
New Contributor
Ah, I misread the "Temporary Fix" that mggl explained above.

Ok, if you're getting the "Persistent Contatiner" issue, Don't close Eclipse!  Do this instead:

1.) Right Click on your project in the Package Explorer
2.) Select "Close Project" from the pop up menu (It's an option aobut half way down)
3.) I guess the graphic is supposed to be a closed folder
4.) Right Click on your project again in Package Explorer
5.) Select "Open Project"
6.) Wow! all the  "persistent containers" are gone!   (for now!)

I feel very silly for not getting this the first time, so I hope it helps somebody else.

I try this Method.It's OK!Thanks GregMobile311Esri!
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
We have addressed this issue with the plugin.  Please download v1.1.1 released today to resolve this issue.
0 Kudos