Lollipops and loop calibrations

Jump to solution
02-12-2020 06:37 PM
ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Hello,

I loaded routes successfully in my network. I have a few gapped routes, lollipops and some loops in my network.

Is there a tool to flag lollipops or  loops that have not properly calibrated on the initial load of the network ?

Regards,

Ihab

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ihab,

There isn't a tool within Roads and Highways in ArcMap that will give you this information.  One way to find routes that aren't calibrate or are not calibrated in a strictly increasing direction is to add your network layer to the map and turn on the route measure anomalies in the routes tab of the layer properties.

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ihab,

There isn't a tool within Roads and Highways in ArcMap that will give you this information.  One way to find routes that aren't calibrate or are not calibrated in a strictly increasing direction is to add your network layer to the map and turn on the route measure anomalies in the routes tab of the layer properties.

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

You can run the detect Detect Non-monotonic Routes toolbox tool to find issues.

Depending on how your setup, Shape.STGeometryType() = 'MultiLineString'

Can return your gaps, lollipop and loops. If you use the route tab in your layer properties on the route layer you can visual see issues, see Nathan's post.

HTH

GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

I know that this thread relates to using Roads and Highways in ArcMap but I am wondering whether similar functionality exists when using Roads and Highways in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0?

In other words, if @ElAttar__Ihab was using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0 when they asked:

I loaded routes successfully in my network. I have a few gapped routes, lollipops and some loops in my network.

Is there a tool to flag lollipops or  loops that have not properly calibrated on the initial load of the network ?

what would the answer be?

0 Kudos