Using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0 with Roads and Highways

Jump to solution
06-23-2022 04:44 PM
GraemeBrowning
Occasional Contributor III

When I started ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 this morning I was offered an upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0.

I have not performed that upgrade but, if I had, would all parts of ArcGIS Roads and Highways (including Location Refencing) be certified to work with it?

- Graeme

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Yes, Roads and Highways has been certified in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and has many new features including event editing in Pro.  However, Roads and Highways is a service based extension which means you'd want to upgrade your Enterprise environment to stay in alignment with Pro.  Pro 3.0's release companion is Enterprise 11.0, which should release sometime in the middle of next month.  I'd recommend holding off on any Roads and Highways Pro upgrade to 3.0 until you're able to upgrade Enterprise to 11.0 to keep the functionality in alignment.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The 3.0 help rolled out today.  Is something missing from it?

What is ArcGIS Roads and Highways?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

And in the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

about an 8/10ths scroll down the page is a section on....

Roads and Highways
At ArcGIS Pro 3.0, Roads and Highways introduces linear referenced event data editing capabilities. Event features can be created using standard A .......  

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning
Occasional Contributor III

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation describes some nice new features under the heading of Roads and Highways but makes no mention of whether upgrading ArcGIS Pro from 2.9.3 to 3.0.0 is expected to introduce any higher System Requirements on other components of that Production extension.

I need to be mindful of my ArcGIS Pro and ArcPy work staying in sync with an SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase and Portal for ArcGIS maps and applications.

I'm hoping the Roads and Highways Team can provide assurances or warn of anything I need to be wary of before upgrading ArcGIS Pro to 3.0.0.

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Yes, Roads and Highways has been certified in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and has many new features including event editing in Pro.  However, Roads and Highways is a service based extension which means you'd want to upgrade your Enterprise environment to stay in alignment with Pro.  Pro 3.0's release companion is Enterprise 11.0, which should release sometime in the middle of next month.  I'd recommend holding off on any Roads and Highways Pro upgrade to 3.0 until you're able to upgrade Enterprise to 11.0 to keep the functionality in alignment.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team