Update Calibration Point - Lollipop

02-14-2020 01:07 PM
ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Hello,

By enabling Route anomalies on my routes layer, I was able to identify a few issues lollipops. It seems that the one below has 4 points. Three with a measure of zero at the intersection of the loop and the stick and one with a measure of 573.56 m at the end of the stick. Please see the screen below.

According to the following link, the lollipop has to have only two calibration points to be calibrated correctly in roads and Highways.

Loop and lollipop routes—Roads and Highways Desktop | Documentation 

I ran the calibrate point tool as per the article with the settings below but the lollipop route still appears as non - monotonic . What am I missing here ?

Thanks,

Ihab

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

What you have drawn is a alpha or fish route and not a loop or lollipop. Alpha routes are not supported but planned to be in pro. I would recommend making a small gap on the north/south section just before it crosses over itself.

I would recommend posting over at Roads and Highways User Group (RHUG) as other folks comment on how they deal with alpha routes and other routing scenarios.

0 Kudos
ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Hi Ryan,

I think my screenshot mislead you to think that the route crosses over itself. It actually does not. The small north\south segment is a different route. The screenshot below shows the route having the problem I described. Do you still think that it does not qualify as a lollipop ? I will repost this in the  Roads and Highways User Group (RHUG) as per your suggestion.

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

That is a lollipop route. It is saying all the route vertexes have the same measure. I think if you separate the loop, add a calibrate point at the first duplicate measure, recalculate downstream then re-snap might fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because there are 4 calibration points it indicates to me that it is a multi-part feature not a single part.

From the help document if the feature is a multi-part, the "multipart feature parts begin and edit at the junction of the stick and look portions".  As Ryan says above you might need to modify the geometry, before calibration . 

"For lollipops to work correctly in Roads and Highways, they should be a single-part feature or a multipart feature with parts that begin and end at the junction of the stick and loop portions. If the lollipops are multipart and have a part that spans the stick and loop junction, the route may not be calibrated or edited correctly when using the Roads and Highways editing tools."

0 Kudos