Select to view content in your preferred language

Roadway Report - No linear referencing service was detected in the map description.

01-24-2022 08:42 AM
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I have installed and configured Roadway Reporter in Enterprise 10.8.1. It uses a copy of the web map that I use successfully in Event Editor, the GP tool is published and works.

When I open Roadway Reporter it  throws the noLrsDetected error.

I've checked what the app is testing for and it seems to have a problem with the MapInfo.js object. The LRS layers exist - both the Map Services and Feature Services and they return the correct JSON when queried. I'm using the Map Services in the web map.

All the layers are shared with everyone, as is the map and app.

Can anyone give me any advice to resolve this.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Did you use the exact same mxd (same layers in the same order in the table of contents) when you ran and published the GP tool as well as when you published the service to used for the webmap?  If you didn't, that could be the cause of the issue you're seeing.  We require the same map to be used for publishing the service and running/publishing the GP tool so they match layerIDs when you execute the GP tool to produce your reports in the app.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

0 Kudos
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Nathan,

We are using Pro to publish the services.

When we ran the GP Tool in Pro we used the same services as used in the Event Editor and Roadway Reporter web maps. We exported the service definition and then published with python.

The GP Service completes successfully when tested.
The layer names look correct in the GP service. Same names and they are in the same order. 

Does Roadway Reporter validate the Layers in the GP tool against the web map? Should I expect the app to open if I removed the GP service from the config?

Would underscores in the layer names cause a problem? 

Jonathan

0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Hello Jonathon - Thank you for the clarification on your publishing pattern. At this time, the Roadway Reporter web application shipped with Enterprise Location Referencing only works with services published from ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap). I'll defer to @NathanEasley on whether there could be a programmatic workaround or timetable for a Pro release.

-amit@esri 
Esri Transportation Practice

0 Kudos