Retiring/Replacing Events

12-06-2022 04:33 PM
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 to edit point events stored in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.x via a feature service.

If I want to retire an event is that done simply by editing its attributes and giving it a ToDate value?

Similarly, if I want to replace an event (an Electrical Mast) at a measure (M1) along a route (R1) by the same event at a new measure (M2) along the same route (R1) is it done by giving a ToDate to the original row and then adding a new row with all the same values except the FromDate, ToDate (which will be null) and Measure (which will be M2)?

I was not able to find anything in the ArcGIS Pro help which discussed the workflow to retire or replace an event.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Graeme,

At Pro 3.0.x you would need to retire the existing event then add the new event (either via the attribute table, create feature tool, or add event tools on the Location Referencing ribbon).

At Pro 3.1, we plan to include an option to "Retire Overlaps" in the Add Line Event tools that would automatically retire the existing event when you add the new event.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Nathan

So, the retire event part is purely a field value update so that ToDate is no longer Null?

- Graeme

0 Kudos