Loading Routes - Select Route ID / Multiple fields

Jump to solution
02-12-2020 07:54 AM
ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Hello Roads and Highways users,

I created the ALRS and I am trying to load the routes. I am prompted to select a single route Id from the drop down. Please see first screen below. 

Select route id field

My LRS network is configured to use the three fields in the screen below. Please advise on how to get over this.Three fields are expected to uniquely identify my route in the network.

Route Id Configuration

Thanks,

Ihab

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ihab,

If you're getting that error message, it means the value in the Route Id field doesn't match the concatenation of the three fields that compose the Route Id.

You might want to take a look at these two topics related to Concatenated Route Ids and Padding and Null settings for a multi-field Route Id for more detailed information about how to compose your Route Id field values.

Using concatenated route identifiers—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

Configuring padding, null, and lookup table settings—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ihab!

You'll want to use the field that has the concatenated fields (there should be one field that has the combination of the other three fields that make up your route id). 

We do similar in Idaho, only we have 5 fields that make up the route id.

Nicole

ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response .I added a field and calculated its values to concatenate the values from the three fields. When I attempt to load the routes, I get the malformed RouteId error below. Does the roads and highways product expect a special field separator in routeId between the three fields ? Thanks again!

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ihab,

If you're getting that error message, it means the value in the Route Id field doesn't match the concatenation of the three fields that compose the Route Id.

You might want to take a look at these two topics related to Concatenated Route Ids and Padding and Null settings for a multi-field Route Id for more detailed information about how to compose your Route Id field values.

Using concatenated route identifiers—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

Configuring padding, null, and lookup table settings—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

ElAttar__Ihab
New Contributor II

Thank you Nathan for putting me on the right track. I unchecked the "fixed length" since the values of those fields in my record vary from null to the length of the field and checked "Allow null values" for municipality and section_no fields and this fixed the problem.

setting padding

0 Kudos