Deleting version after creating, saving, reconciling and posting route

08-17-2022 12:04 AM
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

I'm relatively inexperienced at editing using versions (branched or traditional) and using ArcGIS Roads and Highways in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 to edit a branch versioned LRS in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.

When I do this workflow I am unable to delete the version I create without closing ArcGIS Pro and re-opening it.  Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?

1. I use the List by Source view of the Contents pane to click on the DEFAULT version to enable me to access the Versioning tab
  2. I click New Version, call it Test, leave it as Private and Change to this new version
  3. I use the Edit tab and Create button to digitize a new Centerline
  4. I use Location Referencing tab to Create a new route from the Centerline and that goes smoothly
  5. I use the Edit tab to Save all edits
  6. I use the Versioning tab to Reconcile (By Attribute) then Post successfully
  7. I Change Version to DEFAULT
  8. I use Manage Versions to highlight the Version I just used to create my new route and click Delete which draws a line through it
  9. I then click Save in the Manage Versions group and I'm told The version is currently in use, and it does not delete

If I leave ArcGIS Pro and then restart it to repeat the last two steps the version deletes without complaint.

0 Kudos
0 Replies