Can't share LRS from ArcMap 10.8.1 to Federated ArcGIS Server

04-29-2022 04:22 AM
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I have been trying to share an LRS from ArcMap to a federated ArcGIS Server . ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcMap are all version 10.8.1. My LRS is stored in SQL Server.

I know my LRS works as an LRS - I can use the Roads and Highways tool bar to create routes in ArcMap.

I know that my server can handle Linear Referencing because I've shared a Linear Referencing service from Pro and created events using Event Editor.

My problem is that I do not see the Linear Referencing server capability when I try to share the LRS from ArcMap. 

I need to publish the LRS from ArcMap to configure Roadway reporter.

Can you provide any guidance on how I can debug this?

Thanks

Jonathan

6 Replies
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Hello Jonathon - Can you describe whether you created the LRS dataset using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro? What version of ArcGIS Enterprise (Server) are you running? Can you share a screenshot from the Server Authorizations page?

-Amit

0 Kudos
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Amit,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Here are the answers to your questions.

Can you describe whether you created the LRS dataset using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro? 

I created this LRS in ArcMap.

I had previously created another LRS in ArcGIS Pro and this published correctly.

What version of ArcGIS Enterprise (Server) are you running?

Everything is version 10.8.1 - ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal, Server, Etc) and ArcMap.

Can you share a screenshot from the Server Authorizations page?

I can't at the minute, I don't have access to the customer's machine - I can't get this until next Tuesday.

If it helps - everything has been licensed and works when publishing from Pro.

Jonathan.

0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Unlike ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Enterprise Location Referencing Solutions, the ArcMap/ArcGIS Roads and Highways Server product does have a server installation. Even if you are seeing a license for the product on Server unless you've installed the Server Extension you are not going to be able to publish services from ArcMap. Can you please check that the Roads and Highways GIS Server extension license has actually been installed on the server. Thanks

-amit@esri | Esri Transportation LRS Team

JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Amit,

Could you clarify what I'm looking for? I have the following items installed:

Annotation 2022-04-29 163048.jpg

I have the locrefserver extension in arcgis > admin > system > licenses.

Should it show up in Manager > Site > GIS Server > Extensions?

Jonathan

0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

The server extension should be installed on the GIS Server: 

AmitHazra_0-1651247007501.png

And yes you should see location referencing solutions listed for your Server. If you are certain you've installed and licensed the extension you may want to restart the GIS Server service and then try the publishing pattern again. 

-Amit

0 Kudos
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Amit,

I got this resolved. I reinstalled Location Referencing 10.8.1 for Server and it started to work after that.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

0 Kudos