ArcGIS Server with LRS stops functioning after upgrade to 10.9.1

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 10:18 AM
EMiller_2
New Contributor III

We performed an upgrade of our stand-alone ArcGIS server cluster with LRS extension from ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 to ArcGIS Server 10.9.1.   Part of this upgrade also involved authorizing the LRS Service extension that now comes packaged within the ArcGIS Server installation files.

Once this upgrade was complete, we tested our LRS applications for performance and functionality.  All passed successfully.  As a follow-up step sometime later, we "uninstalled" the older LRS 10.7.1 extension from these same 2 servers.  Since ArcGIS version 10.7.1 required a separate installation of this extension, we believed it was no longer required. 

Now we find that we have lost the Linear Referencing capability both on existing services that had LRS enabled, and as an option when publishing a new service.

Has anyone else upgraded a standalone LRS server to 10.9.1 or is this not possible? This server cluster is not part of a Portal installation.

What are the options? Stay at 10.7 or 10.8? Has anyone run into this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@EMiller_2 I assume the ArcGIS Roads and Highways Server 10.9.1 documentation was reviewed. 

Key points:

• full base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is required (Portal federated with Server)
  • ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise must be installed to compatible versions. In your case, Pro 2.9 with Enterprise 10.9.1.

Are you using ArcMap to publish services? If yes, any plans to move to ArcGIS Pro?

Also consider contacting Esri Tech Support.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@EMiller_2 I assume the ArcGIS Roads and Highways Server 10.9.1 documentation was reviewed. 

Key points:

• full base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is required (Portal federated with Server)
  • ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise must be installed to compatible versions. In your case, Pro 2.9 with Enterprise 10.9.1.

Are you using ArcMap to publish services? If yes, any plans to move to ArcGIS Pro?

Also consider contacting Esri Tech Support.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EMiller_2 

I'd echo @AyanPalit's comments above.  You'll need Portal as part of your deployment in order to utilize Roads and Highways.  I'll also note that for version 10.9 and later, you'll need to utilize ArcGIS Pro to publish (and consume services).  If you're still utilizing the ArcMap, the latest version of Enterprise you can move to and still take advantage of the Linear Referencing capabilities is 10.8.1/10.8.2.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

0 Kudos
EMiller_2
New Contributor III

Thanks for the confirmation. We have indeed moved to ArcGIS Pro and Portal but this particular server stack is currently still a standalone ArcGIS Server install. As we still need LRS capabilities on it, looks like we will need to remain at the older 10.8.x version.

0 Kudos