Please return posibility to not recalculate downstreem calibrating points when extend route at the begining

12-22-2022 05:39 AM
LAKDRedaktorius
New Contributor II

Please return possibility to not recalculate downstream calibration points when extend route at the begining

3 Comments
LAKDRedaktorius

This functionality is actual for my current work flow with a dual carriageway routes. When I extending such route at the beginning my calibration point downstream should be the same in next calibration point where dual carriageway intersects downstream. So in meants that both carriageway parts of the same route has different route ID which is constructed from the same routeID ant carriagewaypart type (1 or 2). And these two roud segments should intersect in one point downstream and calibration points at the segments ends should have te same measure value.

Documentation for this tool suggests that the option should appear when recalibrating a route starting at the beginning: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/location-referencing-pipelines/extend-a-rou.... It is understandable that this disabled previous functionality ensures the resulting route is monotonic in measures. This functionality could be returned with an informative message for a user in case when non-monotonic route could be generated.

AyanPalit

@LAKDRedaktorius The 'Recalibrate downstream' option is there but available only for Line Networks.

Extend a route in a line network

Recommend modelling your network as a Line Network if you need to leverage this functionality.

LRS Line Network

Network feature class

NathanEasley

Hi @LAKDRedaktorius, as Ayan mentioned above, we only show the recalibrate downstream option for line networks.  We've excluded the option from continuous measure networks as there would always be a non-monotonic route scenario if the route wasn't recalibrated downstream.  For the scenario you outlined, you could utilize the Edit Calibration Point tool to make any changes to downstream calibration points after the extend operation completes to ensure measures align between the two dual carriage way routes.