When updating JSON of Hosted Feature Services through ArcGIS Rest API ERROR: Domain is used beyond the scope of the service

08-19-2020 10:07 AM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I've been attempting to update the JSON of a Feature Service with new Coded Domain Values. I have managed this with one of my other features, but in another I have run into this error, where xxxxx equals the domain name.

{  "error": {   "code": 500,   "message": "ERROR: Domain is used beyond the scope of the service. Domain name: xxxxxxxx",   "details": []  } }

I've read that this is because there is another service that uses this same domain name - although from my investigations this doesn't seem to be the case. We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, and not AGOL.

I would prefer to continue editing services through the Rest API because of its utility, but would an alternative be to download a local copy of the Service to my ArcMap client and edit the domain through there and republish, or would I likely run into the same Domain Name issue?

Any suggestions or advice are welcome!

Henry
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AaronBooterbaugh
Occasional Contributor

Henry,

Have you tried changing the name of the Domain then editing the new Domain?

RandyBurton
MVP Alum
0 Kudos
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the input,

Unfortunately when I try to change the Domain name via the same method I still get hit with the Error: 500 message, with the old domain name I wanted to change listed instead of the new one I was attempting to input.

I will give the Solutions Deployment tool through ArcGIS Pro a shot, see if that is any easier.

Henry
0 Kudos