Viewing attachment:  The remote name could not be resolved

09-14-2010 11:43 AM
GlennGoodrich
New Contributor
Hi,

I am messing around with attachment editing, which works great.  I can add images just fine.  However, when I click on the link of of an existing attachement, I get:

Server Error - The remote name could not be resolved: 'gg-vm10'

Code: 500

gg-vm10 is NOT my server name (it's close...gg-vmags10) So, I've no clue what I did to make something think to look at that address.  Also, the link URL is correct: http://gg-vmags10/ArcGIS/rest/services/atl/FeatureServer/1/2/attachments/1

Any clues?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
can you check if this service is configured with an output directory? Make sure the output for this service supports url+mime and not mime only.
0 Kudos
GlennGoodrich
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it does.  In fact, I can open that dir in Windows Explorer and see where it has written the jpg (I guess this is where it caches it?  The filename is something like _ags_gfsc6e8ed527551466aba7443c104b876ed.jpg) So, the output from the service seems to work fine.

I just don't understand where that redirect is coming from...the gg-vm10 box doesn't exist anywhere...
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
If a reverse-proxy has been configured, the virtual output directory settings for the service should reflect the external url. please check if the virtual directory is set based on the external url. Please see http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=35948 for steps on configuring the arcgis server directories when usign a reverse proxy.

Also pls check the ArcGIS Server log file to see if there are any error messages logged.
0 Kudos
WilliamDonahue
New Contributor
So I'm actually having a problem allowing my attachments to be viewed by the people using the Adf. I was wondering what i might be missing. when i use the info button I can see a link for the attachments, however when i click on the attachemnts it just shows what is in the table. I was wondering if you guys could help.
0 Kudos