Need help figuring out 3rd party app REST access to secure ArcGIS services

08-29-2022 01:24 PM
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Help!  I'm trying to figure out how to access secure ArcGIS services via REST endpoints from within a 3rd party app called LandVision.  Our org has secure services in ArcGIS Server (protected by a secure service folder) and also in ArcGIS Online (shared to org-only)  and am trying to follow the LandVision instructions (attached screen capture) that mentions terms "Client ID" and "Client Secret" when connecting to secure services, but I've tried using a username set up in the ArcGIS Server Identity Store (and it works to access the REST endpoint in a web browser), but doesn't work for the LandVision connection to it.  And I've tried using a username/password in our AGOL org to connect to an org-only AGOL service, but LandVision also doesn't recognize it.  I'm not too familiar with different authentication methods, but I see the term "Client Secret" used in some of the ArcGIS Developer documentation.. do I need to create a token for the service and use a special REST URL with the token applied to it?  I've contacted the LandVision folks and they don't know how to advise me.  Thanks for any leads or help.  

Will_1-1661804644958.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies