Max levels for base maps are not downloading tiles

11-12-2019 05:44 AM
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

I am calling estimateExportTilesSize api to get the basemap tiles, it works fine for levels lesser than 20, but when I pass levels from 20 to 23 and with different combinations within this range, I don't get any tile. 

once job is done, it gives me this response:

{"paramName":"out_service_url","dataType":"GPString","value":""}

I believe levels from 18 to 23 are added to some of the map server very recently, is there anything that I have to add in API request !!

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

Need some response here... please.

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

I am looking for a solution for this problem still..

https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer/exportTiles?tilePackage=true&exportExtent=-13051380,4030276,-13037288,4041136&optimizeTilesForSize=true&compressionQuality=60&exportBy=levelId&levels=20-23&areaOfInterest=&f=json

When I run the export tiles job with levels from 20-23, this is what I get..

Export worker failed. Tiles may not be present at level ID 

Response please..

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

Nicholas Furness‌, 

Need some help here.

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe that not all areas of the world have tiles to the highest LOD level. That is probably what you're encountering here. One option you could consider is exporting the vector tile version of the basemap. See here.

Can you check the output of estimateExportTileSize to know that the call to export will fail?

Update:

• Note that there are also For Export versions of the Vector Tile layers which have a smaller set of fonts. Exporting those is about 70MB smaller than the default Vector Tile layers, but may not have all the fonts you need for non-English labels.
  • The World Streets raster basemap does not include tiles for levels 20-23. The LODs are defined so that the layer can be used in maps that resample lower resolution tiles without limiting the zoom level of the map.
  • The world imagery service *does* include tiles up to LOD level 23.
0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

Hey Nicholas Furness

So we are not supporting the vector version of tiles yet. 

I used estimateExportTileSize api to check the tiles count and I was able to see the count of tiles somewhere in the response which I don't see now. Looks like I am missing something or something got updated in ESRI !!

And for my need,  for levels 20-23, the response for estimateExportTileSize  gives success but job messages are showing failure.[ Export worker failed ] This response does not give any other indication for failure currently. 

Let me know if I should use something else for this type of validation.

The world imagery service *does* include tiles up to LOD level 23. - yes, but tile counts are more than 150000 hence not useful.

Thanks

0 Kudos