JavaScript Spatial Analysis Services failing: Select appropriate helper services url from Portal for requested operation

Jump to solution
09-30-2014 09:15 PM
deleted-user-VeZur_n9o0OZ
New Contributor III

Hello,

about 6 months ago I built a prototype JavaScript app which uses the spatial analysis service; FindNearest.Find Nearest—ArcGIS REST API: Spatial Analysis Service | ArcGIS for Developers

The app ran fine for a few months, prompting users to log in to ArcGIS online, before submitting a task and returning results.

Now my geoprocessing job is failing with: Select appropriate helper services url from Portal for requested operation","params". See below for full JSON response. You can also debug yourself at RigPlanner . Look at arcgis.js lines 215 to 255 to see me build my parameters object and submit the task. So what's changed? And what do I need to change to get my app returning results again?

Cheers!

{

• jobId: "j1d25d7282f4b43fab8bd626a59908963",
  • jobStatus: "esriJobFailed",
  • results: { },
  • inputs: { },
    [

]

• {},
      • type: "esriJobMessageTypeError",
      • description: "{"error": {"code" : 0, "messageCode": "GPEXT_015","message": "Select appropriate helper services url from Portal for requested operation","params": {}}}"
    • {},
      • description: "{"messageCode": "AO_100030", "message": "FindNearest failed."}"
    • {},
      • description: "Failed to execute (FindNearest)."
    • {}
      • description: "Failed."

}

Message was edited by: James Parker Changed URL and added steps to reproduce error

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor III

I had to get esri support onto this one in the end. By changing the url of the analysis service to "http://analysis1.arcgis.com/rest/services/tasks/GPServer/FindNearest" the application now returns results for users in my ArcGIS Online Organization. Doesn't seem to work for trial accounts however.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

James,

Can you provide details on the steps we need to use to reproduce the issue with your Rig Planner app?

New Contributor III

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for taking a look. Here are the steps I use to reproduce...

1. Go to http://www.deloitte-geospatial.com/rigplanner/  ( I will revise url for original post as github gives a different error)
  2. Open your browser's developer tools (I'm using Chrome) and show the network tab
  3. Search by Filter > Search. You do not need to change any of the default filter values
  4. Enter a valid ArcGIS Online username and password and hit OK.
  5. You should be able to see the api submit the gp task, then check it's status a few times before failing. When I examine the output of the final output I see jobStatus: esriJobFailed with an array of 4 messages. See the output from my original posting the JSON object.

As I say this app was working fine up until a couple of months ago, and should return 2 objects when successful. i) The nearestLayer containing the 10 nearest points to the little rig marker, and also ii) the connecting lines from the marker to each point. It's a fun little proof of concept that we'd love to get working again.

Cheers,

James

0 Kudos
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I had to get esri support onto this one in the end. By changing the url of the analysis service to "http://analysis1.arcgis.com/rest/services/tasks/GPServer/FindNearest" the application now returns results for users in my ArcGIS Online Organization. Doesn't seem to work for trial accounts however.

0 Kudos