How to increase data limit on add features using rest API

01-22-2020 11:42 AM
BethanyAlcamo
New Contributor

I've been trying to post data to a service layer using add features. There seems to be a size limit on what I can pass. The size of the data is less than 6.5KB. I'm using the cloud server and I'm currently using a developer token. Is there any way to up the size of the data I can post? or is it because I'm using a developer token?

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Bethany Alcamo,

What makes you think the size limit is the issue here? Less than 6.5KB does not sound like an awful lot to me... this amount of data should be well below any size limit, I would guess.

Can you please explain a little bit more about what you are trying to do, and what error messages you do receive?

With this additional information the community might be able to help.

BR,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
BethanyAlcamo
New Contributor

Egge-Jan Pollé  I'm currently using the rest api to pass an array to the add features that looks like the following

[{

attributes:{

<attribute>:<value>,
      <attribute>: <value>,
      <attribute>: <value> },
geometry: { x: <value>, y:<value> }

},

]

with that many attribute if my array has 5 or less items everything works fine. if I pass more than that I get the following error:

</head>
<body>
<div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>
<div id="content">
<div class="content-container"><fieldset>
<h2>404 - File or directory not found.</h2>
<h3>The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.</h3>
</fieldset></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Due to the call working with fewer items it leads me to believe it's a data limit issue. The success is also affected if I have fewer attributes listed. If I only list one attribute to be in each item the array is successfully added to the feature service layer while holding 11 items. again this makes me believe it is a size limit.

0 Kudos
OsamaOthman
Esri Contributor

Dear @BethanyAlcamo 

There's a server property that has been introduced in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9. named "maxHttpPostSizeInBytes" that allows to increase this threshold (it's 10MB by default).

Kindly refer to this link for more info:

Server properties—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

0 Kudos