How do I enable advanced capabilities in Portal?

01-17-2020 04:58 AM
DougZietz1
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the new queryTopFeatures operation in 10.7 but 1) I can't get it to work and 2) I noticed that other servers using 10.7 have the Query Top Features option available at on the service layer page under Supported Operations which I do not. If I type in /queryTopFeatures after the feature layer url, I get to the GUI but everything I enter says "Invalid URL" which makes me think that it is not enabled. I can use other advanced query capabilities like queryDomains on the same service but can't figure out how to get queryTopFeatures to work/be an optional operation.

The documentation just keeps running me in circles saying I need to make sure that it's enabled... how do I do that? Where do I do that?

If it makes a difference, the services in question are from and enterprise gdb but I could create a hosted feature service if that is needed... it is not clear from the documentation if that is the case. BUT ALSO, how do I enable this operation?

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, Query Top Features works in hosted feature services that are backed by a spatiotemporal big data store. It does not work for other types of feature services.

UPDATE: In ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, Query Top Features works in hosted feature services that are backed by either a relational data store or a spatiotemporal big data store.

0 Kudos