ExtractDataTask Raster dataset

Jump to solution
01-13-2021 03:37 PM
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use extractdatatask for both vectors and rasters datasets stored inside file geodatabase (fgdb). I can run the task locally and publish to ArcGIS Server(10.4.1). When I try to run it using the out of the box rest query, with vectors, the job runs fine. When I add a raster layer to the inputs, the job fails. I tried giving <GPServiceName>/<RasterLayerName> and it still fails. I am ending up with either

ERROR 000732: Layers to Clip: Dataset <GPServiceName>/<RasterLayerName> does not exist or is not supported.

OR

ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of inputlayername1 | inputlayername2 etc..

Please let me know how I can I resolve this issue. Also, should I skip this and use extract by mask or others for my raster extract to work?  My final goal is to use this service with ESRI JSAPI (4.X).

System Environment: ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Thanks again Calvin. I figured out the issue with my initial problem. The GP service required to have same ArcMap version to that of ArcGIS Server (I was using ArcMap 10.7 earlier).  I only have to deal with one service now for downloads. Hope this helps someone with similar issue.

It is a bit odd that the version compatibility arises only when rasters are involved and the error is not clear enough.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rpavuluri ,

The extract data task does not work on raster layers or raster datasets. Based on the documentation:

Syntax: As described in detail in the Feature Input topic, this parameter can be one of the following:

A list of URLs to a feature service layer with an optional filter to select specific features
A list of feature collections.​

Instead, you may want to look into the Export Image operation if you are using an image service, or the Clip Raster tool if you are using a locally stored raster dataset.

-Calvin

0 Kudos
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, my description was not clear. I was using the ExtractDataTask GP tool that comes with ArcMap toolbox (Server tools). It supports extraction of both vectors and rasters in the same tool.

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.4/tools/server-toolbox/extract-data-task.htm

Few questions on your suggestions.

1) I believe Export Image requires an Image Server Extension on top of ArcGIS Server license. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2) Does Clip Raster tool work with ArcGIS Server?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
  1. From the documentation page, It looks like the Export Image operation only requires an Image Server role on 10.5+ when running against a mosaic dataset published as an image service.
  2. Yes, you can publish the result of a Clip Raster tool as a geoprocessing service
0 Kudos
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Thanks again Calvin. I figured out the issue with my initial problem. The GP service required to have same ArcMap version to that of ArcGIS Server (I was using ArcMap 10.7 earlier).  I only have to deal with one service now for downloads. Hope this helps someone with similar issue.

It is a bit odd that the version compatibility arises only when rasters are involved and the error is not clear enough.

Thanks!

0 Kudos