Error 500 in GeocodeServer reverseGeocode operation

07-31-2012 12:46 PM
HugoRaniere_de_Assuncao_Brasil
New Contributor
I'm building a WebApplication that consume GeocoderServer service using REST and experiencing a strange behavior on reverseGeocode operation: when the search does not have any valid address within the search distance, the service returns an error 500 (unexpected error) instead of telling me that there is no valid address/candidate.

Does anyone know if this is the expected behavior or if I???m missing something? It seems to me like a bug.

More info: I???m creating my own locators for POI and Brazilian addresses and publishing them on a local AGS 10.0 SP3. When I access the findAddressCadidates osperation, I receive a valid pjson with a collection of candidates if found or an empty candidates list otherwise. When I use the reverseGeocode operation, it returns OK with an address and a location if found and this error 500 otherwise.

Here the pjson I'm receiving:

{
  "error" :
  {
    "code" : 500,
    "message" : "An unexpected error occurred processing the request.",
    "details" : []
  }
}
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTanis
New Contributor
I am having this problem to.  My issue though is a couple of addresses return this error 500 when geocoding.  When I geocoding the exact addresses in arcmap using the same locator I built and published to server they geocode fine.
0 Kudos
MuraliChoudari
New Contributor III
Hi Hugo,
            I have just starting building my own locators for Brazilian addresses and looking for some help. As in US template locator style, we "House No, Street name" , I want to customize this according to Brazilian addresses like : "Street Name, House no". As I can see you have already succeeded in building customized Brazilian locators at some level. Can you please provide me some help regarding this. Also, it would be great if you can share your work(if possible) and point me to the right direction.Thanks.
0 Kudos
DaveZhang1
New Contributor

Hi, Did you guys find out the reason, I have exactly same error.

I appreciate any responses.

Juncheng

0 Kudos