Distorted legend on A0 size page on using "Export Web Map Task" through REST

Jump to solution
11-14-2014 08:01 AM
SuryaKant
New Contributor III

I'm using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, to get prints for my webmap (json) by using PrintingTools (GPServer). The layers and basemap prints fine but legend for points and polygons features get distorted on A0 size template. I tried the same webmap with A4 and A3 template which works great. Here is the image of Distorted Legend after A0 print.

LegendDestorted.PNG

But if I take Export Map on same A0 template from ArcGIS Desktop(10.2.2) it works fine. Below is the image of Legend.

LegendOK.PNG

Is it a limitation of ArcGIS? How should I get the features legend on A0 size by using Export Web Map Task??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKant
New Contributor III

We have followed the KB article http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40538 to solve our problem. We have done the same steps as you did. We installed the printer driver on ArcGIS Server Account. Then, set the page layout to A0 landscape and marked that printer as default printer. That it. Let me know if this helped you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

Is there any update on this issue?  I'am having same problem. I have solved this problem on 10.1 by installing an plotter driver to server and setting up the default page size to A0. But now we updated to 10.2 , i did the same plotter driver installation to server. I have several printing templates. A0_landscape, A0_portrait, A1_Landscape, A1_portrait. If i use A0_Landscape and A1_landscape templates, legend symbols are distorted. If i select A1_portrait and A0_Portrait, there is no problem. Also smaller size page layouts are not creating problem. I have checked again the templates legend settings, they are all same.

Any idea????

0 Kudos
SuryaKant
New Contributor III

We have followed the KB article http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40538 to solve our problem. We have done the same steps as you did. We installed the printer driver on ArcGIS Server Account. Then, set the page layout to A0 landscape and marked that printer as default printer. That it. Let me know if this helped you.

Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

I have set the default page size of the printer to bigger then A0 (1200 mm x1300 mm). I have tried the portrait and landscape settings also. Also i have restarted the ArcGIS server service. Now, i am having problem only on A0_landscape. All others printing correctly.

0 Kudos