Can I update the Standardmaxrecordcount in a hosted feature layer

08-12-2020 10:54 AM
ChrisSeabrooke1
New Contributor III

I have an application that does REST queries to populate data into reports; there are no maps involved. Some of the reports can contain a great deal of data-- more than 32,000 records. Is there a way to update the standardMaxRecordCount for a feature layer? The code is C#, not JavaScript--please don't suggest JavaScript answers as re-writing all of the reports at this point is not feasible.

The REST API update Definition (Feature Layer) Example five shows the standardMaxRecordCount in the list of properties-but when I attempt to update using this JSON, only the maxRecordCount was modified:

{
"maxRecordCount" : 3000,
"standardMaxRecordCount" : 40000,
"maxRecordCountFactor" : 1,
"exceedsLimitFactor" : 1
}

How does the maxRecordCountFactor impact the number of records returned?

Is there something that explains the relationship between maxRecordCount, standardMaxRecordCount, and maxRecordCountFactor. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarishPalaniappan
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

For Feature layers, the below link explains the different ways those parameters are honored internally in the API. Hope that explains.

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/feature-layer.htm

Extracted from above link:

-          The property maxRecordCount is used if the resultType value is none. This can be the default server assigned (1000, 2000) or a value that is overwritten by the service owner or admin.

-          The property standardMaxRecordCount is used if the resultType value is standard. Example: ("standardMaxRecordCount" : 32000)

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us

arcgis REST API

0 Kudos
ChrisSeabrooke1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately it does not answer my questions: 

1) Can I update the standardMaxRecordcount in a hosted feature layer?

2) How does the maxRecordCountFactor impact the number of records returned?

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum
0 Kudos