ArcGIS Server REST Accent Insensitive!

10-06-2010 11:34 AM
YgorThomaz
New Contributor II
Hello,

How can i make a consult in my ArcGIS REST Services and become the querys Accent Insensitive.

Example:

Where = "COLUMN like âRCGÃs"

return of the query:

arcgis
ArcgIS
ârcgÃs

Thank's!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisSmith
New Contributor
I assume you can set this up when you specify your database collation, since the rest api runs valid sql statements then I assume it will be reliant on the database to handle the accent insensitive queries.

Maybe you can pass the following in the rest where clause...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/507504/accent-and-case-insensitive-collate-equivalent-in-oracle

regards

chris
0 Kudos
YgorThomaz
New Contributor II
Chris,

In the Oracle i don't have problem for do it. In our case it's used consults(queries) REST and not PL/SQL Oracle statement.

Remember, all consults(queries) in the ArcGIS Server are made for REST services.

So, i need of a statement or config(ArcGIS Server or application) for searching Accent Insensitive in services REST.

Thanks! (:
0 Kudos
ChrisSmith
New Contributor
Hi

I dont quite understand what you mean by 'consults', can you give a bit more info

regards

chris
0 Kudos
ChrisSmith
New Contributor
which also suggest I might not be the right person to answer your question 😄

regards

chris
0 Kudos
YgorThomaz
New Contributor II
consults = queries

(:
0 Kudos
ChrisSmith
New Contributor
ah yes you were quite clear in the previous post, would have helped if I actually read it properly  - LOL

the Rest api suggests any legal SQL statement is valid in the where clause for a Rest Query - I assume that excludes adding an NLSSORT directly in the where clause?

When you run the PL/SQL statement do you specify anything in your query to make it accent insensitive or has this been setup in the init parameters file

been a couple of years since I last used Oracle so will bow out now and leave it to someone with a bit more knowledge and access to an actual Oracle instance 🙂

good luck!

chris
0 Kudos