ArcGIS Online Feature Layer definition Duplicate Fields leading to "Data Error"

10-19-2020 07:17 AM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

I have a feature layer that i attempted to delete a field from via the delete field option in Arcgis online. My attempt failed and the field appeared not to have deleted however when i went to access the data i was met with the " data error" and  could not see any of the info in the table. 

i eventually  figured out if i created a view layer of the feature and removed the field in question from the definition i was able to access the layer and see the info. after a bit more investigation i attempted to delete the field again via python and the REST API and this worked I was able to view the data again. I then decided to add the field again via the REST API and in my haste  i added the wrong field type  and i eventually ended up adding a duplicate field with a different field type.I can still access the info via my view layer but i can no longer delete the field in question i am met with the following error desite two instances of the field name shown in the definition. 

Unable to delete feature service layer definition. Cannot drop the index 'db_19692.user_19692.service_86002c906ca94fe6a7ff864677f43c69_SMART_METERING_AUDITS.insights_fl_UgRL5LMuJxfzd1R2', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot drop the index 'db_19692.user_19692.service_86002c906ca94fe6a7ff864677f43c69_SMART_METERING_AUDITS.insights_fl_UgRL5LMuJxfzd1R2', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN failed because column 'SO_Number' does not exist in table 'service_86002c906ca94fe6a7ff864677f43c69_SMART_METERING_AUDITS'. (Error Code: 400)

i also not a duplicate entry in the indexes referenced in the error above 

insights_fl_UgRL5LMuJxfzd1R2

i feel like this is an issue that may be resolved by updating my definition in some way but i am afraid t touch it again in case i do more damage. 

has anyone any advice on how to repair this issue ?

0 Kudos
0 Replies