QuickCapture project from a template

06-05-2022 01:20 AM
Labels (1)
AngelikaKotsafti
New Contributor

Hello! I am totally new here. I created a QuickCapture project from a template. As I saw, a layer was created automatically, so I assumed that all the collected data will go there. However, even though I collected data in my mobile phone and I can see them in the map of the app, I cannot send them from the mobile device. They are stucked there. Why did I do wrong? Was there a procedure I needed to follow before I go and create directly the QuickCapture project from the template?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Angelika

You correct. It is expected that records should get submitted to the layers created with the template.

Could you share the template that you are using and I'll take a look?

Also, in the app, if you capture a feature, then open the map and press the send button, what happens? Does the feature send?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
AngelikaKotsafti
New Contributor

Dear John, thank you for your answer. When I am trying to send the data from the app, it says "sending..." and after a while this dissapears and there is the same notification "Records on device: 31" and then the button "send". I am using the "Run, Walk, Have Fun" template https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4bd155366bf94b8a9dcf6ff0c592bb40

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @AngelikaKotsaftihere is something you can try:

1. Open the layer item(s) that the new project is submitting data to (If created from templates, it's the mobile view of the source feature layer). 
  2. Go to layer settings.
  3. Check on "Enable editing", "Keep track of changes to the data" and Save. If already checked, please untick, save, tick on, and save again.
  4. Now try to send the data again from the mobile app, it should go through.

Let me know if it works. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
AngelikaKotsafti
New Contributor

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your answer. I followed your instructions but it still doesn't send my data. 
I am attaching a screenshot. 

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

@AngelikaKotsafti I thought it may be a layer issuer but looks like it's an issue on the mobile app based on your description at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-questions/quickcapture-project-from-a-template/m-p... will look into this. Thanks!

If possible, can you share the project with the product team? You can do this by creating a group and invite user: QCCreator, and then share the QuickCapture project (including map and layers) with that group. 

0 Kudos
AngelikaKotsafti
New Contributor

Thank you for your help. I am going to try this!

0 Kudos