QuickCapture map features not displaying on iPad

Jump to solution
10-10-2021 04:51 PM
Labels (1)
Drew_Sutton
New Contributor III

When trying to view features via the map within the QuickCapture app on my iPad (iPad Air 2 running iOS 15.0.1) the features on the map do not display. However, when I access the same QuickCapture project and view the map on my iPhone (iPhone X running iOS 15.0.1) I can see the features.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue was possibly related to map caching. An uninstall and reinstall of the app fixed things.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Drew,

Are you referring to unsent data being displayed as graphics, or features coming from layers in the web map? It would be good to know more about the map being used by the project - whether it is a webmap with basemap only, a webmap with feature layers, or an offline map (mmpk, vtpk, or tpk)?

Additionally, is your project configured to use split-screen on the iPad?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Drew_Sutton
New Contributor III

Hi John,

The map is a web map containing layers which are captured by the QuickCapture project.

I can see the unsent data being displayed, but once it is sent they are not displaying via the web map and its feature layers. The web map is using ESRI's community vector basemap.

Currently the project isn't configured to use split-screen.

Its a strange one because the project, its web map and features contained within the web map work on my iPhone, but not on my iPad.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Drew, this will take some trouble shooting. Can you drop us an email on quickcapture@esri.com and we can coordinate. Thanks

0 Kudos
Drew_Sutton
New Contributor III

Done!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue was possibly related to map caching. An uninstall and reinstall of the app fixed things.