QuickCapture Horizontal Accuracy

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 08:39 AM
jabrams
New Contributor II

I am trying to figure out why QuickCapture isn't showing my horizontal accuracy in my feature layer. I can see on the app that it shows horizontal accuracy and I have set a field to capture the horizontal accuracy in the designer. I can capture other device variables such as Lat/Long, horizontal field of view for photos, but not horizontal accuracy, vertical accuracy, or altitude. Do I have to use a GNSS to capture these types of fields? I cant find much on this topic. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @jabrams - This behaviour results from the fact that the 'confirm location' option results in certain variables being cleared, even if the user does not manually update the location.

I'll link this post to the issue we have open for it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

10 Replies
pjdohertygis
New Contributor III
1) did you set it up as a device variable and connect it to the field in the Designer? I’ve forgotten to do this before https://doc.arcgis.com/en/quickcapture/help/editproject.htm

2) did you setup the field correctly? Has to be double

3) Are the end users “confirming location” by dragging the map (if enabled in the designer)? This override the horizontal accuracy value.

Anyway, we collect it all the time on mobile devices nothing special needed. Above are just troubleshooting tips from another user. Esri QuickCapture Team may have more ideas!
jabrams
New Contributor II

I have set it up as a device variable. You cant make it anything less than a double field as it wont show up for string or integer. I did not know that if the user moves the point on the map, it will remove the horizontal accuracy. I will try to not move the point and see if it records the horizontal accuracy in the feature layer.

0 Kudos
jabrams
New Contributor II

I just tried to not move the point on the map when submitting a QC and am still not getting the accuracy on my feature layer.

0 Kudos
jabrams
New Contributor II

@pjdohertygis  do you all use Apple devices? Are you capturing horizontal accuracy?

0 Kudos
pjdohertygis
New Contributor III
Apple and Android
0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This should work. Can you please confirm the device and opertaing system you are using @jabrams

0 Kudos
jabrams
New Contributor II

@JohnathanHasthorpe I am using a iPhone XR iOS 16.4

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@jabrams I tested on an iPhone XR 16.3.1 and could not reproduce the issue.

Could you share the project and layer with a group and invite the user: QCCreator to it?

I'll check if this is a project related issue.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @jabrams - This behaviour results from the fact that the 'confirm location' option results in certain variables being cleared, even if the user does not manually update the location.

I'll link this post to the issue we have open for it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

John