QuickCapture: Failed to send records; how do I get them added to my data?

Jump to solution
11-25-2019 06:15 PM
Labels (1)
sdegroot
New Contributor III

When QuickCapture tells me it failed to send records, and I chose the option to email or save them, it only sends/ saves a .qcr file, which is not an ArcGIS online supported file type. I can't figure out how to get the sent/ saved records back into my dataset, or even how to view them.

A previous send error was due to sharing permissions, but that is not the case for the latest one. All fields are filled out or not required. If I have text in a Double field, would that do it? The Designer gave no error when assigning those values.

This is ArcGISQuickCapture 1.2.116 on android 6.0.
If I can't get records uploaded reliably, the app isn't much use.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi 

Essentially, the .qcr file extension needs to be renamed to be a .zip. Then you can crack it open.

If you want to troubleshoot your issues please take a look at the following:

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2019/07/14/understanding-arcgis-quickc... 

Additionally, we have made a number of improvements to the designer in order to make the project creation process more robust. This should help you see and fix the issues you are having and will be available in 1.3 - released in early December.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi 

Essentially, the .qcr file extension needs to be renamed to be a .zip. Then you can crack it open.

If you want to troubleshoot your issues please take a look at the following:

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2019/07/14/understanding-arcgis-quickc... 

Additionally, we have made a number of improvements to the designer in order to make the project creation process more robust. This should help you see and fix the issues you are having and will be available in 1.3 - released in early December.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Also: If I have text in a Double field, would that do it

Yes, this would cause a submission error. In 1.3 you will not be able to do this.

0 Kudos
SFM_TravisBott
Occasional Contributor III

Reviving this thread because we are having similar issues. The blog post linked above unfortunately leaves out a few crucial steps. Much like the original poster's sentiment, if I'm asked to download third party software to even be able to look at the recovery files then that's kind of a non-starter when there are other, reliable products available. 

As to the ArcGIS Pro recovery process, that sounds great but I haven't had much success in experimenting. The referenced blog post makes it seem that you add the table to the map and the features appear. In my case (see below), you're presented a graphic interface. The Feature field contains the spatial information, but it doesn't produce any features. I re-added the table and re-chose each field, still no features draw (and the spatial properties option at the bottom remains grayed out, regardless of field option). 

The geometry is clearly present in the feature field (see below). Is there a clean way to render this as a line feature? I am not sure if the 'paths' argument serves as a proxy for breadcrumb timestamps, reading the points in order. 

If there are suggestions on a workflow I'd love to hear it. Fortunately another program was run as a backup and the emailed shapefile can take its place for the time being. 

0 Kudos
SFM_TravisBott
Occasional Contributor III

Replying to my own comment, as I discovered some errors.

I was confusing workflows. I changed the .qcr file to .zip, and then couldn't understand why the .gdb in the extracted .zip file wasn't behaving correctly. The proper workflow is to just navigate to the .qcr file in your catalog in Pro, and you'll see the layer as a feature class within it. 

I did end up learning how to handle the feature field json separately to get it to produce a layer, but it's much more complicated and not necessary. 

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Travis, please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. It sounds like you are there.

0 Kudos