Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture capabilities

08-23-2023 09:50 AM
GIS412
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello QuickCapture community,

I'm working on a project using QuickCapture. This project has me using QuickCapture to mark unused plots of land.

I have uploaded my feature layer and have the app somewhat working. Right now it's very simple. Two buttons, 1 button captures the coordinates of the data capture point and another field with the option "Open" that is tied to the button. The other buttons does the same thing, but with a field with the option "Occupied".

I went out to test the app in my neighborhood and found out that the app works in capturing the data points. Now if that area of land is sold or becomes occupied and I want to take this data point off the map, is it possible to do this?

I was browsing through the data fields and notice you can remove the data captured, but you cannot remove the FID, which is what looks like is being displayed on the map. I've attached image of this.

Another question I have is when using the app, the data point captured (in my case a dot) is the same color as the data point from the layer it is using (green). Is there anyway to have my data point captured from the app be a different color (I want to make this point yellow) and leave the original layer data points green. I've attached images of these below.

Should I be using something else instead of QuickCapture to do the things I'd like?

Thanks for everyone's help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

OID fields are system-managed and cannot be edited.

To achieve the desired symbology for your target feature layer, you should update it to use a unique symbol renderer based on the "status" field. For example, you could set it to display red for "occupied" and green for "vacant." You can set the symbology for a layer in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer style options.

JohnathanHasthorpe_0-1693959927588.png

When you submit features using QuickCapture, you will see that the corect symbology is applied to the submitted features (when viewing the layer in a web map), as long as you specify "occupied" or "vaccant" in the "status" field.

In cases where the status changes for a site, you will need to update/edit that value within the existing feature. This can be accomplished through the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer. However, if you require field-based editing capabilities, you might want to consider using Survey123, as this field app supports it (while QuickCapture is for new data capture only).

Feel free to ask if you need any more assistance or have additional questions.