Not loggin in an Enterprise account to QuickCapture website.

Jump to solution
01-18-2021 07:08 AM
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone:

I am having trouble logging an Enterprise 10.8.1 account to Quick Capture website: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/quickcapture/

When I pick the option before the login to enter using ArcGIS Enterprise, it makes me place the URL of the portal, right after I paste the URL it says that -----'Unable to retrieve information about this portal. Either the URL is incorrect or portal resources are not accessible.'-----, but it gives you the option to 'Continue anyway' and it launches the login page to portal, but if I put the portal Administrator user and password and hit login, the request starts cycling itself, actually if I open Fiddler it shows no answer from the request to login.

Any idea how I can login correctly?

I have a technical case on salesforce, but with no answer on what can be happening here.

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JohnathanHasthorpe , we finally resolved it, it ended up being the cors policy on the tomcat server. We added the exceptions and it went right in.

Thanks, either way!

Greetings!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel - It sounds like you are signing into an IWA portal? If so, is the admin account a Windows account?

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JohnathanHasthorpe : Actually, they are using ArcGIS portal accounts and using the built in identity store. If I am not mistaken their portal is running on Linux servers.

The escalated case owner told me to tell the customer to check on the connections, however customer checked, and everything looks fine, the communication seems to flow in and out as it should.

But I don't know if you had seen such a particular scenario?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Greetings;

-Daniel

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The designer is trying to make a request for the portal self information (https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/users-groups-and-items/portal-self.htm). If it does not get this back, it assumes that it is an IWA portal and allows the user to try to sign in anyway. 

Can you check that the portal self url is accessible by testing in a browser?

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JohnathanHasthorpe : I went and tried entered my clients portalurl/webadaptor/self and it is showing 404, also if i write portalurl/self.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel - can you email QuickCapture@esri.com

We'll try to troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JohnathanHasthorpe , we finally resolved it, it ended up being the cors policy on the tomcat server. We added the exceptions and it went right in.

Thanks, either way!

Greetings!

0 Kudos