Launch/input to quickcapture project within another app?

Jump to solution
05-02-2022 01:39 AM
Labels (1)
xxwwyytt
New Contributor

Hi! I'm wondering if it's possible for me to integrate ArcGIS QuickCapture with another mobile app or service system like SerivceNow/Maximos? 

My purpose is to get input from users in my app/SerivceNow/Maximos, then feed these inputs into a QuickCapture project. I hope everything works in the backend and user should be able to submit a hazard report through either a popup or a web browser embedded in my app.

Is there a possible way to do these? Any developer API documentation I can refer to?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Yes - if you directly call the REST API to send data, no QuickCapture app is needed. This will require developer skills. I'm speaking merely from the data sending perspective, I'm not familiar with SerivceNow/ IBM Maximos, so I can't advise on the integration part. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @xxwwyytt You can pass inputs to QuickCapture app using the URL parameters, the product team is also working on supporting more parameters in the coming releases. Calling the QuickCapture URL will launch the app and the specified project. 

From what you described above, it looks like you know which feature layer and what attributes you are sending data to, if it's the case, it may be worth well to look into utilizing ArcGIS REST API and send your payload directly from your app (I guess my question is: why link to a QuickCapture project if it's not intended to be used?)

0 Kudos
xxwwyytt
New Contributor

Hi @Mandy_Li thanks for the answer. I'm trying to avoid the launch of quickcapture inside my app for the users. I looked into the URL param stuff but it ends up the QuickCapture app itself is needed, so that's wasn't an option for me. I am looking into the ArcGIS REST API you mentioned and it seems like a good choice for me!

Just to make, in the case that I use the API to send data, I don't actually need my users to download the QuickCapture app but can still achieve a similar functionality of QuickCapture?

Really appreciate your answer! I was just looking into possible solutions but not familiar with ArcGIS, so it helps so much!

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Yes - if you directly call the REST API to send data, no QuickCapture app is needed. This will require developer skills. I'm speaking merely from the data sending perspective, I'm not familiar with SerivceNow/ IBM Maximos, so I can't advise on the integration part. 

0 Kudos