Get Actual Created Date/Time in Quick Capture Not Sync Date/Time

Jump to solution
10-30-2020 04:59 AM
Labels (1)
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

We captured some information with Quick Capture last year which was synced to AGOL later that day. However, the created date/time for each feature in AGOL is the date/time it was synced not when it was actually captured. Is there a way the original date/time can be preserved? It seems totally wrong to record the sync date.

We are using the photos taken to create a map series in Pro. I know the 'date taken' is in the Exif data somewhere. Can that be added to the map series at all?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mark

Just to add to this, the 'Fix Time' field will only be in a point layer if the author chooses the option to enable GNSS fields when creating the service in ArcGIS Online. However, the captureTime variable can be mapped to any date field. So all you need to do is create a new date field and apply the captureTime variable to it.

I'm assuming that the dateTime that you are seeing is the system managed one. This gets updated by the server (not QuickCapture) and this represents the time that the record was sent. A separate date field with a variable applied must be used if you want to capture the capture time.

Also, 1.7 was the first version of QuickCapture to preserve EXIF metadata. So if the records were captured with an earlier version of the app, the photo capture time will be missing.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

When you said 'Sync to ArcGIS Oniline', do you mean to submit the captured records (features) to the feature service on ArcGIS Online (correct me if I am wrong here)? If so, then the 'CreationDate' data field of the layer represents the date/time when a record is added to the feature service as a geometry. This is probably is what you saw as the 'sync date'.

In QuickCapture, there is a device variable called captureTime that records the actual time when the record is captured on your device, and it is automatically mapped to the Date field called 'Fix Time' of the point layer. Can you check if your point layer has this field and if the captured date/time value is what you are expecting? However, if Fix Time is not there, we will need to find out if there's another way. For lines and polylines, we don't have such automated mapping mechanism yet, you will have to manually add two Date fields and match them with QuickCapture device variables 'startTime' and 'endTime' separately, in order to capture the date/time of line and polygon features.

As for EXIF data, you can try open and download the photo attachment and then view it in an EXIF viewer such as http://metapicz.com/#landing. I'm not an expert in Pro's Map Series though.

Let me if this helps. If you need further assistance from our end, please feel free to email QuickCapture@esri.com and send your data (if possible) and we will take a look. Could you also help identify which version of the mobile app was used for data capture?

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mark

Just to add to this, the 'Fix Time' field will only be in a point layer if the author chooses the option to enable GNSS fields when creating the service in ArcGIS Online. However, the captureTime variable can be mapped to any date field. So all you need to do is create a new date field and apply the captureTime variable to it.

I'm assuming that the dateTime that you are seeing is the system managed one. This gets updated by the server (not QuickCapture) and this represents the time that the record was sent. A separate date field with a variable applied must be used if you want to capture the capture time.

Also, 1.7 was the first version of QuickCapture to preserve EXIF metadata. So if the records were captured with an earlier version of the app, the photo capture time will be missing.

Thanks

John

Pamela
by
New Contributor II

Hello! I had the same problem above and i used the Fix time as suggested however, i really need the milliseconds and use this 

var time = $feature["esrignss_fixdatetime"];
var formattedTime = Concatenate([Text(time, 'HH:mm:ss'), '.', Text(Millisecond(time))])
return formattedTime;

what i keep getting is the same milliseconds 295 for all the time data which is obviously wrong. Cant quick capture count the milliseconds

0 Kudos