GARMIN 66i as external GPS provider for QC App?

Jump to solution
10-03-2019 04:03 AM
AdrianMaassen
New Contributor

I am trying to use the GPS signal from my Garmin 66i on the device I am running the QC app.

I tried on an I pad and an android Phone so far no luck.

The BT connection is stable the Garmin apps on the pad and the phone can see the gps and can send and receive data.

But for some reason the QC app dose not find the gps when I try to add it as external gps provider.

I hope some one can help.

THX Adrian

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

I followed this with Garmin - only the Garmin GLO is compatible with ESRI apps. This is because a new, unique protocol was added to the GLO specifically to support the ESRI apps. At this time, Garmin has no plans to expand the implementation of this protocol to other Garmin devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian

Please see the list of supported and tested GPS receivers here: Use a high-accuracy receiver—QuickCapture | Documentation. We support only support the Garmin GLO¹ and Garmin GLO 2¹ on iOS. But as long as the Garmin outputs NMEA 0183 sentences it should be possible to use the 66i on Android. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the device to verify this.

0 Kudos
AdrianMaassen
New Contributor

Hello Johnathan,

thx for the quick reply. I tried again.

I set the Garmin 66i to NMEA output and it is communicating with the pad and the phone if I use a Garmin app but it still dose not communicate with the QC App.

So for me it looks like that there is some issue with the QC App.

Is there a way for ESRI to improve the App?

We really love the App it is the right tool for us.

We have set up the server and the hardware around it to support the QC App in the last weeks and now I am stuck with this issue.

The background is we setting up a big Mapping project for the UN and the Equipment is already approved so I am not able to simply change the GPS receiver.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

I followed this with Garmin - only the Garmin GLO is compatible with ESRI apps. This is because a new, unique protocol was added to the GLO specifically to support the ESRI apps. At this time, Garmin has no plans to expand the implementation of this protocol to other Garmin devices.

0 Kudos