Eliminate Sounds when pushing a button, Repeated button presses in same area being deleted

Jump to solution
04-14-2022 05:22 PM
FRSadmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have two questions? Issues? That I need to have solved.

1. I am using this to do a bird call survey and while I know a simple solution is to turn the volume off of the phone, I am sure some surveyors are going to forget; How do I shut up the voice that says what button was pressed? I am making this in Japanese and it cannot read or say what the button is and just makes nonsense come out.

2. My team is also going to be sitting in one place for a long time and won`t be moving... No matter what setting I adjusted, any button presses within the same area will be deleted relatively immediately unless submitted, which is something I do not want to do until they are done surveying (which can be for hours)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Hey @FRSadmin,

1. Go to the setting tab to update the sound:
    1. Click on your user icon
    2. Select settings
    3. Under capture, go to sound and click
    4. then change the toggle to off
  2. Did you confirm the points are not showing up in AGO?  What it sounds like is that the auto-sync is turned on, and the points are syncing to the feature layer but not visible on the map?
    1. Two options, turn auto-sync off under the settings. Also, confirm you have the correct map, with your feature layer(s) loaded in, when in the building the application. 
    2. Confirm you have the correct map, with your feature layer(s) loaded.  Then if auto-sync is turned on, the points should appear in the map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Hey @FRSadmin,

1. Go to the setting tab to update the sound:
    1. Click on your user icon
    2. Select settings
    3. Under capture, go to sound and click
    4. then change the toggle to off
  2. Did you confirm the points are not showing up in AGO?  What it sounds like is that the auto-sync is turned on, and the points are syncing to the feature layer but not visible on the map?
    1. Two options, turn auto-sync off under the settings. Also, confirm you have the correct map, with your feature layer(s) loaded in, when in the building the application. 
    2. Confirm you have the correct map, with your feature layer(s) loaded.  Then if auto-sync is turned on, the points should appear in the map.
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

1. Additionally, you could just remove the label from the button in your project (use an image/icon instead). This would mean there would be nothing to read out.

2. Yes, the data is not being deleted, it is being uploaded to the feature service using auto sync.