Does developing with beta QuickCapture cause any problems with users if still on regular QuickCapture beyond lack of access to enhancements, i.e. update to camera performance?

Jump to solution
10-01-2020 07:06 AM
SteveBrown1
New Contributor II

If I install and use the beta version, will other user still on the current one experience problems?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve

It does not matter if you use the beta version of the mobile app and your team uses the current version - as long as the project has been created using the production version of the QuickCapture designer.

If you created a project using the QA version of the designer, you could in theory add functionality that is only supported in the beta version of the mobile app. In this case, your users would need to use the beta version of the app in order to access it. However, the project should still open if they stay on the released version.

I hope this helps

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve

It does not matter if you use the beta version of the mobile app and your team uses the current version - as long as the project has been created using the production version of the QuickCapture designer.

If you created a project using the QA version of the designer, you could in theory add functionality that is only supported in the beta version of the mobile app. In this case, your users would need to use the beta version of the app in order to access it. However, the project should still open if they stay on the released version.

I hope this helps

John

0 Kudos
SteveBrown1
New Contributor II

Thank you For a quick response. Makes sense. I would like to test the Beta

function with the new camera but don’t want to mess up any new projects

with others still on the current version.