Character Mask causing issues on other user entry fields

Jump to solution
02-08-2021 12:28 PM
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Hey all,

My end users have been encountering a strange glitch in some of the QuickCapture applications I have deployed.

Background:

• One feature layer where there is a details attribute field, that is populated either through character masking or free text depending on the point type.
  • Some point types require a specific character mask (i.e. "WA-102" for wetland A, flag number 102).
  • When the user selects a point that has a user entry with free text, not a character mask, the character mask for wetlands populates and the user can only enter data in that format.
  • Work around: the user collected that data point, closes out the specific QC app, then re-opens the app and the point then allows the user to enter free text.
    • Once the app is closed and re-opened, that glitch doesn't occur again

Have other uses been encountering this problem?  What sort of workaround do I need to do on the author side of things, so I can make sure my end-users don't have to deal with this weird work around in the field.  They know what they have to do, but it is annoying for them. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan, I can replicate this bug and we will get it fixed in the next release of the app.

Version 1.10 due out post Dev Summit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan - I'll try to replicate this issue for you.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan, I can replicate this bug and we will get it fixed in the next release of the app.

Version 1.10 due out post Dev Summit.

MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for looking into that John!

0 Kudos