Can Quick Capture automatically pull attributes from my road segment feature and use them as a variable input?

Jump to solution
10-01-2020 02:56 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ismael Chivite

I'm rating roadway conditions and I have created a route layer which is split in .25 mile sections. Each section of road contains a starting and ending milepost attribute. I would like to copy over those attributes into quick capture if I am traveling over that segment while collecting. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

While this workflow is not supported directly in the app there are a couple of options to achieve this:

1) Post-processing in desktop. Use a spatial join to update the records captured in QuickCapture with the information from the road segments.

2) Use webhooks. At a high level, you could create a scenario that would update the attributes of the captured record with information from the roadway segment that it intersects. However, as it is unlikely that your captured points exactly intersect the line, you may need to create a buffered version of your roadway layer. In doing this you could then use the same approach as that outlined in Example 2: https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2020/06/04/data-enrichment-with-arcgis....

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

While this workflow is not supported directly in the app there are a couple of options to achieve this:

1) Post-processing in desktop. Use a spatial join to update the records captured in QuickCapture with the information from the road segments.

2) Use webhooks. At a high level, you could create a scenario that would update the attributes of the captured record with information from the roadway segment that it intersects. However, as it is unlikely that your captured points exactly intersect the line, you may need to create a buffered version of your roadway layer. In doing this you could then use the same approach as that outlined in Example 2: https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2020/06/04/data-enrichment-with-arcgis....

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos