(Implemented) Symbolize data on device that hasnt been submitted when working in Offline mode

04-07-2022 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
nelsmickaelson
New Contributor III

We have a workflow in which users are working in a offline disconnected environment. In this scenario the data on the device is currently rendered with a default generic point symbol or line. Would it be possible for this data to be rendered with the symbology that exists in the layer it is updating. This would give users a much better visual on what has been captured and where. 

7 Comments
pjdohertygis

Agree! This would help with our search and rescue workflows as well. Thanks for posting. 

JohnathanHasthorpe
Status changed to: Under Consideration

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

EricaNova

This would be really important for my users - we need to capture data quickly and assess what has already been collected over a large area to determine next steps (all offline).

JohnathanHasthorpe

Hi Erica - we will release this functionality in 1.19. In the mean time please go to https://earlyadopter.esri.com/key/ArcGISQuickCapture in order to test the Beta version of the app.

EricaNova

Thanks for the update @JohnathanHasthorpe ! I assume my users can test the Beta version too? Is there a target date for the release of 1.19?

JohnathanHasthorpe
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented in version 1.19 of the designer. Under map settings you can now set the local symbology to be one of the following:

- Map pins (the existing default)

- Symbology from the project button

- Symbology from the target feature layer

JohnathanHasthorpe_0-1712641711317.png