(Implemented) Bar(QR)codescan for QuickCapture

11-14-2021 07:40 AM
GIS-KoordinatorLandkreis_Spree
New Contributor III

Hello,

What would it be like to have the option of entering project entries via barcode or qrcode scan in quick capture? This would make certain workflows extremely simple, as manual entries would become obsolete. In addition, this option already exists in Fieldmaps and in Survey123, so why not in quick capture as well?

with kind regards

gisteam spn

6 Comments
Marcoah

hi, i would recommend you to use an online qr generator based on the url of your project. Then you can distribute that QR the way you want.

EricCastro

I really like the QR code that's automatically generated to enable easier sharing of projects, but I didn't realize that Field Maps and Survey123 provided that opportunity as well. Now that I realize this was an option for these other two software packages, I've seen where that option is found in Survey123 but still cannot find where this option lies with Field Maps. I suppose the distinct difference between the other two ESRI products (<1MB) and Field Maps (>100MB) is the size of the file that would need to be downloaded, so perhaps it wouldn't be as easy to download a large map when not within WiFi range. 

One feature I would LOVE to see made available is some feature that takes advantage of the speedy data transmission utilizing Apple's AirDrop. I've had issues working with govt contractors out in the field where I've worked on a map with all the correct layers, but because they didn't download to their tablet, they cannot view or edit any of those points. If one could send that large file quickly (which is why I feel AirDrop the best form) we could get on the same page--in the field--which would be a game changer.

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

This feature is planned to be released in December 2022.

IsmaelChivite_0-1662495504971.png

GIS-KoordinatorLandkreis_Spree

awesome news ... i love it already ... 😍